Erin wants to hear from you! Her campaign phone number is now up and running.
It's simple; Call 780-652-1135, leave a voicemail with your name/contact information/and a brief message, and your call will be returned within 72 hours!
Last week, I took transit from my home in central Edmonton to the north side; all within Ward Anirniq. I haven't taken transit since the Bus Network Redesign was implemented and wanted to experience it first-hand.
Here are a few of my key takeaways:
- I really enjoy taking transit and want to get back to more transit trips as things continue to open up.
- There are some concerns that need to be addressed:
- The walking distance between stops and final destination. I had to walk 1 km after getting off the bus to my final destination. This is concerning for anyone with mobility limitations, that is carrying lots of items, or with little ones as a few examples.
- The amount of transfers and the distance between stops and destinations can be concerning from a safety perspective, especially when it's dark.
- The need for a smart phone/ data to navigate the system (on demand busses, the transit app).
- Being able to not have to use transit during the pandemic is a privilege.
- The Bus Network Redesign has been implemented. Let's work with the system we have and make sure we are listening to feedback for continuous improvement and barrier removal.
I want to acknowledge that this was just one experience on ETS and not a comprehensive review. I'd love to hear about your experiences using the new transit system.
Erin was recently featured on Global News to talk about leadership in our communities and the importance of setting the right examples. Check it out here: https://globalnews.ca/news/7844461/edmonton-election-campaign-doorknocking-pandemic/